Experienced Kitchen Porter
Kitchen Porter required to work in busy kitchen with large team of chefs in this 100 cover restaurant. This is a job for a hard working focused team player.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for washing up and the cleaning of a variety of kitchen appliances by hand or with the aid of machines, ensuring the correct health and safety, COSHH and food hygiene guidelines are followed
- Responsible for collecting and disposing of waste material and rubbish from the kitchen department
- Assisting with the unloading of deliveries to the Catering department and putting items away in the appropriate storage areas
- Reporting faulting equipment to the Head Chef / Sous Chef
- Ensuring that all the kitchen surfaces are cleaned on a regular basis as directed and adhering to a correct cleaning schedule
- Appear professional and courteous at all times and carry out any additional ad hoc duties when requested.
- Basic food preparation involved.Opportunities for development are immense – improve skills and learn from mentors.
Skills & Experience
- Previous experience of working within a similar role
- Previous experience of delivering excellent customer service
- Experience of working in a hospital/ hotel environment
- Fluent spoken English
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of correct health and safety practices
The successful applicant you will work well within a team and possess a flexible approach in order to meet the changing needs of the department. You will demonstrate excellent customer service skills, will be friendly, polite and courteous, and professionally presentable at all times.
If you are interested in joining the team or want to find out more please send your CV with a detailed covering letter (cv's without a covering letter will not be looked at) to the following address:
David Marrow, Terre à Terre Ltd 71 East Street Brighton BN1 1HQ