Coronavirus Safety Measures
If you're feeling a little apprehensive about coming into the restaurant, we can assure you that the safety of our customers and staff is our top priority.
However things may look and feel a little different on your visit, so here are some steps we have taken to help keep us all safe:
Updated on 19th July 2021
- We are displaying the government QR code for track and trace which is placed throughout the restaurant. From 19th July this is now voluntary.
- Customers can now choose whether they would like wear a mask, although government advice is that you should if you can. Our staff will continue to wear a face covering for your protection and their safety.
- We have made sure the restaurant is well ventillated, all doors and windows will remain open at all times.
- We have re-organised the restaurant layout to ensure sufficient space between tables and to allow for social distancing, where less than 1m is possible, perspex screens have been fixed to the tables.
- Hand sanitiser stations have been installed throughout the restaurant and are for the use of customers and staff.
- The frequency of disinfection and cleaning of all surfaces, especially touch points has been increased, our cleaning products are all effective against viruses. Enhanced cleaning has been implemented especially in the kitchen and customer toilets.
- All staff have been re-trained in correct hand washing procedures and frequency levels and have also been re-trained from our risk assesment updated on 19th July 2021
- All employees are subject to a daily wellness check, and lateral flow testing, any employee displaying symptoms of Covid-19 will be excluded from the workplace.
- We repectfully ask that you do not visit the restaurant if you are suffering from any Covid-19 sypmtoms.
- We have reviewed our menu choices and service standards which enables us to operate with fewer staff and to allow for social distancing, we ask that you are patient whilst we are working in a different way.
- All tables and chairs will be sanitised before and after your visit.
- Data provided to us as part of your booking may also be used, and shared with third parties, for the purpose of administering the UK Government’s Test and Trace process. Data will only be shared if we are required to make any records available to the health authorities if they wish to follow up on suspected outbreaks, and in such circumstances, it will only be relevant data which is shared. Data will only be used for the additional purpose of Test and Trace for a period of 21 days after the date of visit. After this time, our standard retention rules apply to any personal data we hold.
- A Covid risk assessment has been completed in line with government guidance.
- Our Covid-19 service standards will be revised on a regular basis to mirror the current government guidance and regulations. All staff have been trained again before re-opening in May 2021.
- We will endeavour to make your visit a safe experience, if you have any special requests to make you feel safer, please do not hesitate to ask us, we truly want to make your dining experience with us enjoyable.